How to become a member of BOABC
The following forms are available in PDF format:
Membership in the Association, shall be available to individuals, firms, corporations, associations, governments and government agencies interested or engaged in the administration and enforcement of regulations related to buildings and structures and their planning, construction, demolition, alteration, renovation, maintenance, operation and renewal insofar as such matters relate to the fire prevention and protection, structural adequacy, safety, health, durability and the environment.
BOABC welcomes enquiries from prospective members, employers, government and public agencies, in its desire to be of service to the individual and to the building industry.
The Association offers a number of membership categories. Please view the bylaws for a detailed listing.
Benefits of Membership
BOABC offers benefits to the individual member, to industry and the public in general. Individual members stand to gain the following benefits from belonging to the Association:
- Association members are afforded the opportunity for personal growth and professional development by participating with colleagues in a wide variety of situations, both technical and social.
- A certificate of membership is issued to each member of the Association in good standing, subject to a nominal fee.
- Through the communication network established between the Association and other professional, provincial and national organizations, members have the opportunity to develop and maintain invaluable professional contacts.
- Various educational programs offered by the Associations encourage and assist member’s professional growth.
- Through close interface with Provincial and National Code Development Agencies, building officials are afforded a valuable opportunity to share work experience and concerns, promote meaningful legislation, and generally contribute to the advancement of building science.
- Members are able to sharpen organizational and management skills by participating in an official capacity either on the executive or standing committees.
- The Certification Program adopted by the Association provides a means of gaining recognition of the competency levels acceptable for municipal inspection responsibilities and improved professional standing in the community.