Manager Building Permits – Inspections, at City of Coquitlam
Doug’s present career with the City of Coquitlam is managing and guiding a staff of 19 including building and plumbing inspectors. He also composes and writes necessary reports to City council, is responsible for interviewing possible staff hiring, assists in preparation of department budgets; and perhaps most important of all, also deals with day-to-day department business.
Prior to employment with the City of Coquitlam, Doug’s most interesting private building industry experience was a partnership in a plumbing business for four years, mainly with design and installation of building, plumbing and heating systems.
Continuing interest in the building industry and learning has always been an asset in Doug’s career. He is an active member of the following organizations:
- POABC President from 2007 to 2011
- BOABC member since 2007
- Registered Building Official and Canadian Registered Building Official
- Level 2 Plumbing Official
- Member of the Building Code Appeal Board
- Member of the BC Building Code Interpretation Committee