Upcoming Webinar Series
BC building codes are evolving, and we want you know how to benefit.
April through June, Community Energy Association will be offering multiple sessions of the following FREE webinars for builders, designers, HVAC professionals and more. All dates are now listed at www.communityenergy.ca/bal and registration is open for the first sessions. Session recordings are also able on the BAL website (the first Working with an energy advisor recording is there now).
Best practices for working with an energy advisor
April 28 @ 9-11:05am PST
This webinar will help the building industry better understand the “performance pathway” of the BC Energy Step Code and how to get results from working with an energy advisor.
Approved by BOABC for 2.0 CPD points
Approved by BC Housing for 1.5 CPD.
Participants must pre-register here.
• Mark Bernhardt, Bernhardt Contracting
• Meredith Hamstead of thinkBright Homes
9:00-9:10 CEA Introduction to the BC Energy Step Code
9:10-11:00 Mark Bernhardt, Energy Advisor (EA) co-presenting with a local builder or EA:
• How EAs work within Step Code
• Services EAs provide in both new construction and retrofits
• Modelling timelines and pre-design information requirements
• Post-modelling changes in the design or mechanical systems
• Achieving as-built compliance and occupancy permits
• Introduction to the concept of integrated design process (IDP)
• How can an EA save you money? (i.e. design optimization)
• Creative solutions for engaging EAs remotely and in collaboration with one another Finding an EA
10:55 – 11:00 CEA feedback poll & closing remarks
May 20: 9-11am PST
June 17: 9-11am PST