Upcoming Webinar Series
BC building codes are evolving, and we want you know how to benefit.
April through June, Community Energy Association will be offering multiple sessions of the following FREE webinars for builders, designers, HVAC professionals and more. All dates are now listed at www.communityenergy.ca/bal and registration is open for the first sessions. Session recordings are also able on the BAL website (the first Working with an energy advisor recording is there now).
Building Enclosure & Airtightness Solutions
April 22 @ 9-11am PST
A visual tour of what the Energy Step Code will look like and the changes needed for success with low-TEDI and airtight building enclosures for both the Lower Steps and Upper Steps.
Approved by BOABC for 2.0 CPD points
Participants must pre-register here.
• Alex Hebert, ZEBLC Manager, P Eng, MBA, Energy Step Code Trainer
• James Bourget, BCIT Instructor, Principal – RDH Building Science, Certified Passive House Tradesperson
9:00-9:20 CEA Introduction to the BC Energy Step Code
9:20-10:55 BCIT Filmed live from ZEBLC’s High Performance Building Lab, expert instructors will give you a visual tour of:
• 6 things to know about the BC Energy Step Code
• What an Energy Step Code home looks like
• Achieving airtightness – What does this mean for a builder and trades?
• Improved thermal performance enclosures – What are the choices and challenges?
• Smaller and more efficient mechanical systems for airtight buildings – What to expect
• Q&A: Ask the Experts
10:55 – 11:00 CEA feedback poll & closing remarks
May 20: 9-11am PST
June 17: 9-11am PST