The purpose of the Code of Ethics is to give general statements of the principles of ethical conduct in order that Members may fulfill their duty to the public, the profession and the members of the Association. All Members shall act at all times with fairness, courtesy, loyalty and good faith to their associates, employers and the public. They shall uphold the values of truth, honesty and trustworthiness and shall strive to safeguard human life and welfare and the environment in the performance of their professional duties. In keeping with these basic principles, Members shall:
- Hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public, protection of the environment and promotion of health and safety.
- Uphold and advance the integrity, honour and dignity of the Association.
- Strive to increase the public awareness regarding the Association.
- Endeavour to extend public knowledge and appreciation of the relevance and importance of building regulations.
- Enhance the reputation of the Association by meeting high standards of public service.
- Provide impartial, courteous, fair, efficient and effective service to the public.
- Keep themselves informed and up-to-date on current practices in order to maintain their level of competence, strive to advance the body of knowledge under which they practice and provide and take opportunities for the professional development of themselves and their associates.
- Conduct themselves in a manner which promote the dignity and integrity of the Association.
- Maintain devotion to high ideals of personal honour and professional integrity.
BOABC Harassment Policy
The Building Officials’ Association of BC (the “Association”) is committed to a healthy, harassment-free work environment for all its employees and members. The creation of this environment is the joint responsibility of the Association and its employees and members. The Association has therefore developed a policy intended to prevent harassment of any type within BOABC workplaces and in venues used for BOABC functions and to deal quickly and effectively with any incident that might occur. Please click below to view the Harassment Policy document.