The Association is committed to increasing access to its educational programs and encouraging skilled individuals to become building and plumbing officials. The Student Awards Program has been developed to support these goals and other stakeholders in the building regulatory system.
A Student Award is comprised of:
- a level 1 building or plumbing official course
- one attempt at the exam(s) required for level 1 building or plumbing official qualification
- one year student membership in the Association
Each Association zone will be allocated one Student Award each year to promote regional equity. If applications are not received from one or more zones, those awards may be reallocated to candidates from other zones, even if that means that a zone will have multiple award recipients.
Each award is valid for one year unless exceptional circumstances warrant further consideration.
To be eligible to receive an award, an applicant must:
- be a full-time student in a field of study related to the building construction industry or working in the building construction industry;
- reside in British Columbia;
- demonstrate an interest in the building construction industry and desire to pursue a career as a building or plumbing official; and
- not currently be a qualified building or plumbing official.
Application Form and Selection Process
To be considered for a Student Award, an individual must submit a completed application before the February deadline. The application must demonstrate how the applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
- The application form for the Student Awards is found HERE.
The Awards Committee reviews all applications received and selects the award recipients.
Award recipients are notified after the committee decision.
2022 Student Award Recipients
- Shannon Sewell
- Patrick Cowden
- Garrett McLeod
- Patrick Doucette
- Darin Kozlowski
- Benjamin Boogaars
- Timo McElderry