BOABC is dedicated to serving the best interests of the public in building safety by moving forward with the highest standards in professionalism, competency and consistent practice in the Building Community.
- The Association’s motto is promoting Building Safety and Professionalism;
- To foster and cooperate in the establishment of uniform regulations relating to the fire
protection and structural adequacy of buildings and the safety and health of the occupants;
- To promote the understanding and uniform interpretation and enforcement of these regulations and
their companion documents;
- To provide assistance in the development and improvement of these regulations and their
companion documents; and
- To promote a close liaison and interchange of ideas on these regulations with related
associations, the building industry, government and the consumer public.
The Association is governed by a 17 Member Executive Committee. The Executive Committee/Board, meets
3 times annually. Standing Committees, each charged with a specific area of responsibility or special
project meet periodically as well.
The BOABC provides for the exchange of ideas and information in the building industry through
seminars, conferences, zone meetings and through the Association’s on-line Newsletter. Through these,
the organization addresses relevant problems of building safety, fire safety and code administration
of both provincial and national interest.