This presentation covers the essential air barrier steps and lessons learned from 3 years of teaching a 1-day hands on Builders workshop on air barriers for part 9 buildings. The workshop will harvest key points from the existing workshop currently offered across the province.
The session topics will include:
- Where airtightness fits into the building and step code.
- How it affects the upcoming TEDI and MUEI values.
- How to achieve airtightness by using both an interior and exterior approach.
- How to deal with penetrations.
- Where are the discussion and potential friction points between inspectors and builders on new materials and practices.
Presenter: Albert Rooks Biography, CEO Small Planet Supply
Albert Rooks has worked to establish and strengthen the Passive House Standard in North America. In 2010, he founded Small Planet Supply Inc., a company that imports and distributes passive house components. The company currently has branch offices in Tumwater, WA and Vancouver BC. In 2015, he co-founded CertiPhiers Cooperative with Tad Everhart. CertiPhiers is an internationally accredited building certification company that verifies projects are built to the International Passive House Standard.